Compression therapy: lymphatic drainage
Compression therapy or lymphatic drainage is mechanical drainage, which stimulates venous and lymphatic circulation. Lymphatic drainage machine SLIM PRESS is a modern professional device for lymphatic drainage and pressure therapy procedures using special garments of different sizes and shapes. Procedures performed by SLIM PRESS are efficient as well as pleasant. Compressed air pressure is evenly distributed along the ‘sleeves’ and ‘leggings’ and gives a rhythmical and light massage. The wave of pressure starts at the fingertips or toes and goes up. Then the pressure is released and a new wave begins. The level of pressure may be adjusted for each client individually. Compression lymphatic drainage system SLIM PRESS has 4 modes and supplies pressure into the chambers of massage garments in a sequence thus creating the effect of compression. This stimulates blood and lymph circulation. Compression lymphatic drainage system affects individual layers of tissue and blood vessels. The tissues are cleansed, venous and lymphatic return flow is stimulated, and metabolism and gas exchange are improved. SLIM PRESS procedures take 20–40 minutes. A course of 10 procedures is recommended for optimum results.
SLIM PRESS may have excellent effects:
- Improve blood circulation, normalise the activity of the circulatory system;
- Normalise the activity of lymphatic system, eliminate toxins;
- Reduce or eliminate limb swelling;
- Reduce weight, cellulite, improve body contours;
- Reduce fatigue, help relax and rest: the effects of the system are similar to those of a relaxing massage;
- Improve muscle tone;
- Restore skin elasticity and firmness.
Compression therapy is recommended for:
- Varicose veins (enlarged veins), venous stasis;
- Chronic venous and vein valve insufficiency;
- Post-thrombotic syndrome;
- Trophic ulcers of venous origin;
- Swelling (of venous, lymphatic, post-traumatic or post-operative origin);
- Changes in blood-vessel tone;
- Changes after sclerotherapy;
- Lymph circulation disorders;
- Lymphatic stasis after trauma, surgery, etc.;
- Venous eczema;
- Arthritis (an inflammatory, degenerative disease or disease caused by metabolic disorders damaging the joints).
Contraindications for compression therapy:
- Arterial blood circulation insufficiency in the legs;
- Decompensated heart failure;
- Expanded thrombophlebitis, thrombosis or suspected thrombosis;
- Diabetic neuronal ischemia;
- Severe unstable hypertension;
- Severe trauma of the soft tissue of the limbs.
Recommendations after the procedure:
It is recommended to sit for a while and have a cup of warm tea immediately after the procedure and drink a lot throughout the day. Using the compression lymphatic drainage machine is relaxing and comfortable. After the massage, the body feels pleasantly warm and light. Various massage garments allow massaging different body parts: arms, legs, waist, and hips.
SV plastic surgery center
Savanoriu pr. 75, Kaunas 44208, Lithuania
Tel.: +370 37 313308
+370 655 60629
Work hours: I - V 8:00-19:00