Chemical peel is a chemical solution which removes the top layer of dead cells of face, neck and décolletage skin. This controlled method is intended to improve skin texture. It is a widely used and safe dermatological treatment. Its benefits have been known since ancient times: due to the lactic acid present in the milk, donkey milk baths used to leave Cleopatra’s skin smoother.
Skin peeling removes the top layer of the epidermis and stimulates skin cell metabolism, which leads to skin rejuvenation both from the outside and the inside.
Traditional scrubs instantly reduce or increase skin’s pH. FILORGA chemical peel is a 3-stage chemical dermatological skin peel with gradually changing pH value. Therefore, the products are gentle to the skin and the results are immediate and obvious; the products cause no post-treatment period.
Peeling is performed for:
- Reducing fine lines;
- Reducing scars, including post-acne, i.e., red spots or ‘scars’ remaining after acne;
- Skin firming;
- Enlarged pores;
- Reducing or eliminating fine lines and wrinkles, facelift;
- Treatment of dry patches;
- Lightening pigmentation;
- Softening dry and rough skin;
- Improving skin structure and colour;
- Treatment of skin redness (rosacea);
- Skin cleansing.
Gluconolactone in FILORGA peels has many beneficial effects and is very well tolerated:
- Skin-friendly: may be used on sensitive skin;
- Improves the protective function of the corneous layer of the skin: protects against loss of water, reduces the likelihood of erythema;
- Does not cause photosensitivity;
- Fights all signs of ageing and has a keratolytic effect;
- Has antioxidant qualities equivalent to Vitamin C and alpha-tocopherol;
- Makes skin surface matt and regulates the excretion of sebum. Helps treat seborrhoea;
- Helps clean and minimize enlarged pores, cleans skin and evens out skin texture;
- Effective for retentive and inflammatory post-acne lesions;
- Has hydrating qualities. Helps retain three times more water.
Peels are not recommended:
- During pregnancy and lactation;
- In case of blood coagulation disorders;
- 6 months after surgical procedures (eyelid plastic surgery, eyelid lifting, etc.);
- Soon (6 months) after laser treatment or other procedures, which may change the skin structure;
- In case of herpes or other type of infection in the treated area;
- People under 14;
- In case of predisposition to skin hyperpigmentation or scarring;
- In case of keloid scars and pigment formations of unknown origin in the treated area;
- When taking retinoids (e.g., Rocutane). Retinoids must be discontinued 7 days before the procedure.
After the procedure…
- Depending on the course of the procedure and the concentration of the peel used by the doctor, slight redness, temporary dryness or skin surface flaking may occur. These symptoms will gradually disappear in 3 days. This is a normal reaction of the body.
- After the procedure, direct sunlight and using a sunbed must be avoided and a cream with UV filter must be used.
The peel course is comprised of 3 to 5 procedures at the interval of two weeks. The course may be performed twice a year. Combinations of different peels may be used in a single course. The precise number of procedures will be individually recommended by the dermatologist after the evaluation of skin condition.
SV plastic surgery center
Savanoriu pr. 75, Kaunas 44208, Lithuania
Tel.: +370 37 313308
+370 655 60629
Work hours: I - V 8:00-19:00