Hair removal laser
Asclepion, a leader in the international laser market, offers products and services for medical institutions from all around the world. Asclepion has been working in the aesthetic and medical laser business since 1977 and are present in over 60 countries all over the world. Asclepion can offer a wide range of products and meets the highest quality standards. This is confirmed by numerous certificates and awards, such as the TÜV certification and FDA and ANVISA clearances. Moreover, Asclepion has been awarded the German Design Award and the TOP 100 award, assigned to the most innovative medium-sized companies in Germany.
7th generation MeDioStar NeXT is a pulsed diode laser used for hair removal, treatment of acne, and skin rejuvenation. Rapid effect on large areas of the skin and integrated cooling technology (metal alloy) that ensures painless laser treatment are exclusive characteristics of the laser.
7th generation MeDioStar NeXT has optimum wavelength (800–950 nm) targeting the melanin in hair roots, while the surrounding skin only absorbs a small portion of the beam. So the laser has thermal effect on the target structure only thus protecting the surrounding skin.
Hair removal using 7th generation MeDioStar pulsed diode laser
Body hair is more than just an aesthetic problem for many people. In some cases, facial or back hair may negatively affect self-confidence. Shaving, waxing, electrolysis, and other usual hair removal methods are temporary, often painful and sometimes damaging to the skin.
7th generation MeDioStar pulsed diode laser is the first laser in the world which allows painless hair removal!
Several treatment sessions with the new laser are enough to destroy a hair follicle preventing regrowth and formation of pustules, so the skin remains smooth and free from irritation. The laser also stimulates collagen and elastin production, which results in faster regeneration of smoother, more elastic, and beautiful skin.
Depending on the body part, several treatment sessions will be necessary to effectively remove the hair. Intervals between the procedures are 4–7 weeks; they are determined according to hair growth stages.
Directions before the treatment
- Avoid anti-cellulite treatment for at least four weeks in the area to be treated by the laser.
- Avoid waxing and electric epilation 4–6 weeks before the treatment.
- Remove any hair from the area to be treated.
- Intense smoking and obesity may have negative effects on all treatment results.
Directions after the treatment
- Cooling the affected area as long as it is pleasant.
- Laser-treated area must be protected against sunrays and sunbed radiation (protective cream with at least 30 SPF must be used for at least 6 weeks after the treatment).
- Skin redness, swelling and crust are a normal reaction of the skin.
- Avoid heat (hot water, sauna, sunlight, and sunbed) for at least 24 hours after the treatment.
- Do not use topical retinoids and glycolic or salicylic acid for one week after the treatment.
- Depending on indications, another procedure may be needed after 6 weeks.
Exposure to sunlight before and after the treatment increases the risk of undesirable side effects such as hypo- and hyper-pigmentation (potentially permanent).